Open Call for Artists, Performers, and Presenting Groups
Rhode Island Avenue Main Street is thrilled to announce the return of the RIAMS Summer Arts Festival (formerly (Up)Rising Festival), taking place Saturday June 10 from 12-6pm. The RIAMS Summer Arts Festival is an arts-focused event that weaves its way through Rhode Island Avenue Main Street businesses, open areas, parking lots, and vacant properties.
The Festival aims to bring awareness and action to social and civic issues in a way that is participatory, inclusive, and positive. While the content may be heavy, we also encourage artwork that includes joy, love, laughter, and celebration.
This year we have three categories of participation:
- Performing Artists/Groups/Organizations
- Visual Artists (displaying artwork)
- Arts, Crafts, and Arts Organization Vendors
We are seeking compelling art that fits the theme: "Stand Up, Speak Out, Create Better" We're interested in bold, expressive work that speaks to an artistic practice rooted in social justice.
- Please fill out the Artist Registration Form no later than April 30, 2017
- To sign up:
- Artists will be contacted and confirmed on a rolling basis
- Performing Artists/Groups/Live Art Creation will be offered a fee for participation, based on the scope and length of the proposed work
- Visual Artists (those showing existing work) will not be paid for participation, but are encouraged to sell their work
- There is a $70 fee for vendor participation (includes tent)
SUMMER ARTS FESTIVAL | Saturday, June 10 | 12-6pm | FREE
Explore all that Rhode Island Avenue Main Street has to offer! Weave your way through local businesses and open areas while engaging in interactive arts activities during this unique, day-long experience. The event is free, family-friendly, and activities include performances and visual art, DIY activities, local food and drink, and an arts + crafts vendor tent. PLUS, you’ll have a chance get to know small business owners and employees in your neighborhood, and have a chance to shop and support local!
For more info please visit www.riamainstreet.org or email email@example.com